Metatone Classifier is a desktop application for tracking performances with Metatone iOS apps. The classifier logs touch events from each performer, identifies what gesture each player is using and tracks “new ideas” that occur among the ensemble.
With Metatone Classifier, the apps automatically update their own interface in response to these new ideas, helping the group explore new ideas and create exciting improvised performers!
This software is currently in experimental prerelease, if you’d like to try it out, get touch on the contact page or on Twitter at @cpmpercussion.
Metatone Classifier requires OS X and has only been tested on OS X 10.10 (Yosemite). It may not work properly or at all on other versions!
- Unzip the Metatone Classifier app and double click it.
- The app is not signed, you’ll have to the “Security and Privacy” pane of System Preferences and click the “Open Anyway” button.
- The app should open - it takes a few seconds to load. Sorry.
- Your computer and all iOS devices should be on the same WiFi network. It probably won’t work with a corporate or university network, so I usually have a little WiFi access point set up on stage when we perform.
- Open the app
- click “Start Classifying”, you should see all the Metatone apps you have on the network pop up in the “Connected Performers” section.
- If someone’s iPad doesn’t connect, try quitting the app and loading it again.
This is experimental software! It probably won’t work the way you expect and the next version might work totally differently! Being on the cutting edge is fun right?